Florida Alpha University
Options Conference 7/31
Learn how to increase portfolio returns & hedge your portfolio exposure, using the options strategies of the most elite institutional investors of all time.
Follow alongside 13 year equity & derivatives veteran, Chris Stanford. Dive deep various into options strategies, as well as examples of when to utilize them.
This seminar is for traders of all skill levels! That said, you will have time to ask questions directly. These may be about specific points in the presentation.
Network with other professional investors across the spectrum of the industry. Make lifelong connections!
After the event you will have access to an exclusive mentorship program. This program includes 1-on-1 time directly with Chris.
Learn from the top experts in the industry
Topics of discussion
- Basics of options trading-What are options, and what place do they serve for the non institutional fund manager? By the end of this seminar you will have a better framework to help you build a strategy to last for the long run. Options can lead to smooth and consistent risk adjusted returns.
- Portfolio management 101- A core element of any successful strategy is proper portfolio management. Portfolio managers need to be able to answer the following questions: How much of the portfolio should you use in each position? How many positions should you have at once? How much should you have in cash?
- Setting portfolio constraints – Before an investors starts to allocate capital, they need to thing about the goal within the portfolio. Each investor needs to have very specific metrics that they optimize around. Professional fund managers judge portfolio success based on risk adjusted returns & maximum drawdown.
- Options as a hedge against portfolio –There is also a possibility to hedge price risks by using options, which grant the right but not the obligation to buy or sell a futures contract at a fixed price, which in this case will be called the strike price. Unlike using futures to hedge, hedging with options offers more possibilities for the holders of an option. They may lose their investment in the option when the price moves against them, but when the price moves in their favor they can let the option expire and take advantage of the favorable market price.
- Options to grow your portfolio- Options allow investors/traders to create unique strategies to take advantage of different market characteristics such as volatility and time decay. They can be used in a wide variety of strategies to profit from the ever fluctuating market.
- Options for portfolio income-Options can be used to provide an additional income stream for just about any portfolio. Whether you are interested in acquiring an equity positions, already own equities, or simply do not wish to own any equities, there are option strategies that are suitable to generate income. In this post, we will explore the top 3 income generating strategies and how to add yield to various portfolios.
Our event speaker
Chris Stanford-Hedge Fund PM
Chris is transitioning from managing his own family office, to managing a hedge fund, located in Singapore. He was one of the top performing family office portfolio managers of 2020. In 2016, he was personally mentored by hedge fund Billionaire Bill Ackman. Additionally, he brings over a decade of multi-asset investing experience.